- You must have a current valid drivers license.
- A medical examiner’s certificate is required for all applicants.
- You must provide a copy of the vehicle’s registration.
- You must show proof of vehicle insurance.
- You will be asked to show a copy of the previous day’s daily vehicle inspection report.
- You must provide the drivers daily logbook.
- You must show documentation of US DOT number.
- You must have a copy of your US DOT hazardous materials Certificate of Registration or some other document showing a registration number.
The fees associated with CDL training in Minnesota can include the following:
- Class A-$43
- Class B-$35
- Class C-$28
- Motorcycle endorsement fee-$21
- Exam fee for each endorsement-$2.50
If you already hold a commercial drivers license and want to add endorsements, you will be required to take and successfully pass the appropriate tests. You must also apply for duplicate license and pay an additional fee of eight dollars.
If you have questions or require more information about CDL training in Minnesota, contact the Minnesota Department of Transportation or the Minnesota Department of Public Safety. Visit the website at the link below.
The manual can be downloaded at the following link: