- You must present a valid Mississippi drivers license, your CDL learners permit, and a completed application for this specific commercial drivers license you wish to obtain.
- You must have another driver accompany you who holds the same class CDL license, or higher, as the one for which you are applying.
- You must provide a current medical card.
- You will be asked to provide the same class of vehicle that you will be driving on the job once you have received your CDL. The vehicle must be able to pass inspection before you will be given any tests.
- You must show your Social Security card.
- You must provide proof of residency.
- You must pay the appropriate fees.
CDL training in Mississippi is accompanied by the following fees:
- Application fee-$25
- CDL permit-$10
- CDL license-$40
- Endorsements-$5.00 each
Drivers are required to pass a physical exam once every two years. They must have good hearing, 20/40 vision with or without corrective lenses or glasses, and a 70-degree field of vision in each eye. Applicants who are colorblind are not eligible for commercial drivers license in Mississippi.
For additional information about CDL training in Mississippi, or if you have questions, visit the Mississippi Department of public safety at the following website:
Interested applicants can download the manual by clicking the following link: