Don’t forget to read about:
Prime was started in Missouri in 1970 by Robert E. Low with one dump truck. By focusing on providing the best customer service possible, Prime was able to become a $50 million company in just 10 years. They have had a steady growth in revenue every year since 1986.
You don’t need to have any prior truck driving experience whatsoever to get started with Prime Trucking. They have their own truck driving program and if you stay in drive for them for a year after you graduate, there’s no cost for the training.
When you have graduated from their driving program and been issued your CDL, you’ll be scheduled for Prime’s orientation for new hires. For now, you’re considered a B seat driver and they will credit you 10,000 miles towards the mileage required for training.
You will continue training with your instructor until you reach a total of 40,000 miles. During this time, you will attend classroom training and you will earn $600 per week or $.12 per mile, whichever is greater.
When you have reached the required number of miles for training, you then become an A seat driver, and are eligible to drive your own truck, which will be assigned by the company. Prime trucks consist primarily of flatbed, refrigerated trailers, and tankers.
In addition to the basic requirements about age and driving history, drug use and documents that must be provided, Prime also has medical requirements that must be met.
- Blood pressure must be less than 140/90
- Eyesight must be 20/40 or better in both eyes, corrective lenses are okay
- Hearing-you must be able to hear a forced whisper 6 feet away
- Diabetes-your sugar levels must be under control without needing insulin
- Heart condition – special documents may be needed and specific tests may be required
Prime also offers a program called Success Leasing which allows you to lease a tractor without a credit check or any money down. When you sign a lease with Success Leasing, you’re guaranteed the opportunity to sign an operating agreement with Prime.
2740 N. Mayfair
Springfield, Missouri 65803
Visit the website: www.primeinc.com
Two ways to apply:
By phone: 1-877-PRIME-JOB Toll-Free
Check out some of Prime Inc’s competitors:
- Click HERE to find out about Swift Transportation
- Click HERE to find out about Stevens Transport
- Click HERE to find out about Schneider Trucking
- Click HERE to find out about Werner Enterprises
- Click HERE to find out about PAM Transport
- Click HERE to find out about FFE Transportation
www.OOIDA.com – The Owner Operator Independent Drivers Association, representing the rights and interests of professional truckers since 1973.